The suspect in a bow and arrow assault that killed 5 people in Norway has been moved into the care of health services and products, police trust talked about.
Detectives trust requested that Espen Andersen Braathen be remanded in custody for four weeks, with beefy isolation for 14 days.
He has acknowledged killing the victims, investigators trust talked about.
Police are to give an replace at a data convention at 1.30pm UK time.
Braathen, 37, has been charged with the assault, with police saying it seems to be to be an act of terrorism.
Speaking sooner than the resolution to remand Braathen for a extra four weeks, Norway police talked about: “The police search data from of that the accused after the unprecedented incidents at Kongsberg be remanded in custody for four weeks, with beefy isolation for 14 days, as well to to letters and search recommendation from bans and media bans for the period of the custody period.”
Police talked about the attacker had broken into some of his victims’ properties and killed them there, with people seemingly targeted at random.
Police attorney Ann Iren Svane Mathiassen told suppose broadcaster NRK: “Now we trust got files that the perpetrator entered properties the save he dedicated atomize.”
Requested if he knew the victims, she talked about: “In step with the notion we trust, and the style we perceive the case, these are entirely random victims.”
A student told Reuters he and his friends shut themselves in his bedroom when Baathen tried to enter their dwelling.
Norwegian student Mohammed Shaban talked about one among his friends regarded up and seen a man pushing at an begin window and attempting to assemble in.
“My buddy talked about ‘what’s taking place, what’s taking place? Who’s he?,'” the 25-year-passe told Reuters. The man regarded as if it would impartial one thing at his buddy.
“We ran into the bedroom to save ourselves and I held on to the door form out.
“From the window I seen the man, carrying grey denims and a white singlet. I seen him from within the serve of.”
They watched as the man ran away.
Braathen is a Danish citizen who has lived in Kongsberg on the realm of all his life.
Police talked about the suspect had been convicted several times within the past and confirmed that he had remodeled to Islam and shown indicators of radicalisation.
He additionally has a historical past of being “inside of and out” of health establishments, the force added, without elaborating. He’ll be subjected to a beefy psychiatric review, his attorney Fredrik Neumann talked about on Thursday.
He had previously been is called displaying indicators of radicalisation.
Braathen used to be given a six-month restraining define in opposition to two relatives closing year – believed to be his fogeys – after refusing to head away their dwelling and threatening to homicide one among them.
Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere, who took suppose of labor the day after the assault, will search recommendation from Kongsberg on Friday with Justice Minister Emilie Enger Mehl.
It’s miles the worst assault in Norway since some distance-exact extremist Anders Behring Breivik killed 77 people, most of them children at a formative years camp in 2011.